Do like the idea of having beautiful photos taken in New Zealand? We've written about our recommendations for the Best Locations in New Zealand in another article HERE.
The South Island of New Zealand is beautiful all-year-round, and depending on the timing of your photoshoot, we can take advantage of the many beautiful locations the South Island has to offer.
The most popular time for Pre-Wedding Photoshoots in the South Island is between Late October and Early December (Spring to Early Summer), for a number of good reasons:
- There's still snow left on the mountains
- Wild Lupins start blooming all across the region
- The temperature is just right: Not cold, not hot.
- Good and stable weather.
- The Sun sets late in the evening, at around 9.30pm over the horizon - plenty of time for photos.
The second most popular time is between April to May (Autumn), for similar reasons:
- Good and stable weather
- Many leaves start turning yellow/red in the Queenstown region, and is absolutely beautiful.
- A little bit of snow fall depending on luck.
- The temperature is still fine: Not cold yet!
Many of our couples ask for our signature Milkyway Shots. To get the best results, we must time the photoshoot right by checking for the right Moon Phase: During the New Moon, we will get the clearest views of the night sky as there will be no light-pollution from the moon.
We however cannot guarantee views of the milkyway, as it is highly weather dependent. If we are lucky, we will also be able to see the Southern Lights (Aurora Australis).